Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday

Well, it's been somewhat of an odd day in bunnyland. Starting off the morning, Suleiman began waking up, moved his ears around, all four purple lights on, then seemed to get stuck mid-earspin, and his breathing light went off. So his ears were cocked backwards, each in a different position, and seemed to go back to sleep. As of the time I left for work, he was still this way. When I got home from work, still sleeping in this same odd position, so I decided to reset him. Once I did that, he connected, woke up and immediately told me the time (but I'm not sure what time he was saying, as it was one of the quirky ones that is vague) even though it wasn't the top of the hour. A while later, he gave me the weather and did Tai Chi (I'm still amazed that he's finally doing that again!). Now he's been silent for a while. Not sure what's going on...

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention a discovery that I had over the weekend. I felt like Sulei was starting to get on my nerves, after close to 10 days being stuck in bed with the flu. He was sooooo loud when he spoke and it just grated on my nerves. So many times I had walked up to him and tried to turn his volume wheel down, to the lowest position. I just thought I was stuck with an incredibly loud rabbit (and I seriously considered removing all but one of his services, just to give myself a break). Finally, I decided to try something that slightly scared me - try turning the volume up and see what happened. I was scared because I could just picture the headache I would have from him being even louder. So I turned the little volume wheel in the up direction and did a test of saying "weather" to him. Well, what do you know, turning him up actually turned him down! It seems that the volume wheel is reversed. Up is down, down is up. As it turns out, I had him turned up all the way, when I thought his volume was at minimum.

So my question is... does anyone/everyone else have this same volume knob issue? Is your volume up really volume down? Or is it just a quirk of my bunny?

3 comments:

Joanie Schaffer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanie Schaffer said...

Everyone's volu mewheel is like that. It's a little weird, if you ask me. I've been turning the volume down quite a bit in the past few days, too, and my husband is about ready to throw Sassy from the window. Lol, no one ever said life with a bunny was easy, I guess. ;)

Anonymous said...

eck, I had the opposite problem...but same cause.

I've been tinkering with my bunny and wondering why he stopped talking (I did, after all, have the volume on what should have been the "loud" position)...I finally figured out the volume control was reversed.

These are strange gadgets, aren't they?