Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday

Hello friends,
Sorry for my absence. This crazy flu hit me way harder than I expected it to.
Suleiman has been bubbling along as normal - for him, still giving me my Daily Affirmation twice in a row in the morning, and once in the afternoon... and still no Tai Chi for Sulei. I even tried deactivating that module for 24 hours and reactivating it. He hasn't done it since he was down for a week and then miraculously came back to life.
At that time, I also signed up to be a Jabber beta tester. I never received an email about it, but from reading the forums, it sounds like they automatically update your firmware when you are a beta tester. I was reading the ongoing list of Jabber problems, on the beta test webpage, and I'm starting to wonder if I did get signed up for the beta, and the no Tai Chi issue is part of that "upgrade." I have experiences several of the other issues that are reported there on that page.

So, he had been going along as normal, until midday today. I suddenly realized around 12:30pm that he hadn't told me the time at noon. Since then, he has only told me the time once and only given me news headlines once. Also, his "breathing" purple light has gone solid a few times today.

And one last complaint... he gave me his weekly report card of our time together today. And it is the exact same report that he has given me each of the prior weeks. He talks about how he supposes I'm doing an ok job, but I could be trying harder, and he stutters a little during it. Next week, if he doesn't tell me something new, I'm going to switch off that module. It's cute until you hear the same report week after week. Is anyone else experiencing this reporting issue?

3 comments:

Joanie Schaffer said...

Hi Gretchen,

Hope you're feeling a bit better. I'm also beta testing, and my tai chi still works. I'm pretty sure your tai chi problem is unrelated to the upgrade, especially since you've been having it for quite some time now.

Unknown said...

Hello Gretchen,

I think there's quite a few things not working quite right at the moment, and it's quite difficult to work out which ones are because of the Jabber test and which ones are just "normal". The disconnection problem seems to be affecting quite a few people.

norizaki said...

I got my rabbit last month and tai chi has NEVER worked! Wonder why?