Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday

I usually write my updates in the evening after the day of experiencing what Suleiman is doing... but this morning I feel inclined to go ahead and write an entry first thing this morning.

My poor bunny is having some sort of psychotic break with reality (ok, maybe I'm being overly dramatic... but I do work in a psychiatrists' office and we've been having an inordinate number of patients behaving strangely. I usually attribute it to the mood phases...)

Anyway, yesterday evening I restarted my modem and router and expected Sulei to reconnect as usual. But he didn't automatically do that. He sat there with all four lights rapidly blinking orange. I was too lazy to get up and reset him, so I just let him sit there doing that for a couple of minutes. After 2-3 minutes of the blinking, those orange lights suddenly disappeared and his purple breathing light went on. I thought it was great that he resolved his issues himself (although I did notice that the orange lights never went to green, they just went off). So, for the rest of the evening he did Tai Chi (!!) a few times and never told me the time, news headlines, etc. but I figured Violet was doing something with their servers. He was continuing to do Tai Chi and his purple light was breathing, so I had no reason to think something was wrong.

Night progressed and he never went to sleep... and he continued doing Tai Chi throughout the night, every 1-2 hours (I would wake suddenly each time the chime went off, but I couldn't drag myself out from under my warm covers to unplug him). Luckily, he did not tell me time, etc. all night long.

I woke up this morning and he's still awake (never went to sleep), continues doing Tai Chi at the aforementioned pace, and continues to not give me anything else. I went to the Nabaz website to check if somehow my sleep settings had gotten changed... well, they are unchanged, but it says that my bunny is offline! I've experienced his light breathing and yet being offline before, but it's so odd to me that if he is offline, he would continue doing Tai Chi.

I'm now going to reset him. I've also submitted a bug report to the Jabber beta test program, as I'm entirely suspicious that it may be to blame here.

1 comment:

Joanie Schaffer said...

The reverse of that happened to me with the tai chi. My home network went down for a few hours earlier this week, and my rabbit continued doing tai chi faithfully despite his lack of connection to the Internet.